Professional Development Scholarship
Jason Silbovitz, CCM, Chairman
This scholarship was proudly established to help encourage and aims to provide funding for professional development opportunities to NECMA Manager's in achieving their CCM, Honor Society, CCE and MCM designations and CMI maintenance obligations. The funds awarded are to help offset the tuition expenses of attending the programs outlined.
1) The NECMA David Meador Foundation (DMF) Professional Development Scholarship is a needs based scholarship and reviewed by the Scholarship Committee, a sub-committee of the Chapter Board and then presented to the NECMA Board for approval.
2) They are awarded to the following individuals:
a) NECMA members who are seeking the CCM, Honor Society, CCE or MCM designation or in need of maintenance requirements and
b) Whose club pays none or partial costs associated with achieving said designation or maintenance
3) The application must be submitted prior to attending the class.
4) Applications are available on line at the Chapter website, www.NECMA.org in the Education Section. Completed applications are to be sent to New England Club Managers Association, Attn: Scholarship Chairman, Post Office Box 832, Hampstead, NH 03841.
5) All applications must meet the requirements listed below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
6) Percentage awarded depends on if the NECMA Member is seeking the CCM designation or has already achieved their designation.
7) Scholarship recipients will be notified by the Committee in writing.
8) Professional Development Scholarship check will be paid to the manager once proof of payment to attend the BMI, Annual Conference, LLC or other approved classes is submitted to the Scholarship Committee.
- Must be an active NECMA member for at least one full year
- 10 Chapter credits earned during the previous year the Scholarship is being requested
- Be current with dues both NECMA & CMAA
- Have submitted prior to attending the class
- Completed application submitted
- Professional resume sent with the application
- Letter of recommendation from General Manager (or equivalent) or Current Club Member
- One page letter stating career direction and why you may be deserving of the scholarship per the application
Professional Development Scholarship Committee
Jason Silbovitz, CCM
Scholarships will be awarded for the following programs as a percentage of the tuition/registration fee:
|Seeking CCM||CCM Achieved|
|BMI Club Management||100%||50%|
|BMI Leadership Principles||100%||50%|
|BMI General Manager/COO||100%||N/A|
|BMI Tactical Leadership||75%||100%|
|BMI Strategic Leadership||75%||100%|
|BMI Food & Beverage||100%||50%|
|BMI Golf Management||100%||50%|
|BMI Distance Learning Courses||100%||100%|
|National Conference Registration||100%||100%|
|Mid-Managers Conference Registration||100%||100%|
|Review Conference and Exam||100%|
|Proctored Exam Fee||100%|
|Manager in Development||100%|