David Meador Foundation Scholarship Committee
Jason Silbovitz, CCM Chairperson
Professional Development Scholarship
This scholarship was proudly established to help encourage and aims to provide funding for professional development opportunities to NECMA Managers in achieving their CCM, Honor Society, CCE and MCM designations and CMI maintenance obligations. The funds awarded are to help offset the tuition expenses of attending the programs outlined.
1) The NECMA David Meador Foundation (DMF) Professional Development Scholarship is a needs based scholarship and reviewed by the Scholarship Committee, a sub-committee of the Chapter Board and then presented to the NECMA Board for approval.
2) They are awarded to the following individuals:
a) NECMA members who are seeking the CCM, Honor Society, CCE or MCM designation or in need of maintenance requirements and
b) Whose club pays none or partial costs associated with achieving said designation or maintenance
3) The application must be submitted prior to attending the class.
4) Applications are available on line at the Chapter website, www.NECMA.org in the Education Section. Completed applications are to be sent to New England Club Managers Association, Attn: Scholarship Chairman, Post Office Box 832, Hampstead, NH 03841.
5) All applications must meet the requirements listed below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
6) Percentage awarded depends on if the NECMA Member is seeking the CCM designation or has already achieved their designation.
7) Scholarship recipients will be notified by the Committee in writing.
8) Professional Development Scholarship check will be paid to the manager once proof of payment to attend the BMI, Annual Conference, LLC or other approved classes is submitted to the Scholarship Committee.
- Must be an active NECMA member for at least one full year
- 10 Chapter credits earned during the previous year the Scholarship is being requested
- Be current with dues both NECMA & CMAA
- Have submitted prior to attending the class
- Completed application submitted
- Professional resume sent with the application
- Letter of recommendation from General Manager (or equivalent) or Current Club Member
- One page letter stating career direction and why you may be deserving of the scholarship per the application
Professional Development Scholarship Committee
Jason Silbovitz, CCM, CCE, Bellevue Golf Club
Scholarships will be awarded for the following programs as a percentage of the tuition/registration fee:
|Seeking CCM||CCM Achieved|
|BMI Food & Beverage||100%||50%|
|BMI Golf Management||100%||50%|
|BMI Distance Learning Courses||100%||100%|
|National Conference Registration||100%||100%|
|Mid-Managers Conference Registration||100%||100%|
|Review Conference and Exam||100%|
|Proctored Exam Fee||100%|
|Manager in Development||100%|
About the Scholarship
The David Meador Fund was created by the New England Club Managers Association with a generous donation from the Members of the Chilton Club (Boston, MA) in memory of their well-respected Club Manager, David Meador, a Member of NECMA, who passed away in 1975 while on duty at the Chilton Club.
In November 2010, NECMA established a 501c-3 corporation named New England Club Managers David Meador Foundation, the general purpose of the Corporation is to foster intellectual excellence in the field of club management by securing funds from contributions to be used for educational purposes and assist students, by way of providing scholarship grants, seeking an education in the hospitality profession. The Corporation’s charitable and educational purposes are to provide educational and training opportunities for club managers and students engaged and employed in the private club and hospitality industry in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the states of Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.
In addition to granting Professional Development Scholarships, the David Meador Foundation grants scholarships to students interested in pursuing a career in the club management profession ( more information ), grants for Student Chapter Member's registration fees to the CMAA Annual World Conference on Club Management and Annual Students Conference as well as providing funding for the New England Club Managers Association for their continuing education and professional development programs.