||New England Club Managers Association
EXECUTIVE CAREER SERVICES (ECS)
JOB OPENING LISTING
Christopher J. Barron, ECS Chairman
Dedham Country and Polo Club
JOB OPENING TITLE:
Dining Room Manager
FACILITIES DESCRIPTION: Dedham Country and Polo Club is a prestigious private club located on the Dedham-Westwood line. 400+ members, this family oriented operation is open 11 months with a modified schedule January until Easter Sunday. There are three a la carte dining areas augmented by terrace seating in the warmer seasons. Several private dining areas offer the membership alternatives for private events.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS: To manage the a la carte dining operation in a professional and welcoming manner. To maintain the service standards of the Club and create a service oriented, cordial and gracious staff.
Responsibilities to include:
1) Be a welcoming presence for the arrival and seating of members and guests. Name recognition is crucial. You will be "first impression" of the Club.
2) Manage and coordinate pre-meal meetings. Review operations, specials, service techniques and overall quality standards.
3) Hire, Train and Maintain a professional, service oriented, cohesive and courteous staff.
4) Manage and assist with the execution of Club Events and Tournaments. To include, set up schedules, diagrams, seating charts.
5) Assist with special tasks for Club Events. To include decor, games, activities and other enhancements to make an event unique.
6) Maintain proper safety and sanitation levels for the front and back of the house waitstaff and service areas. Develop and maintain cleaning check off lists and schedules.
7) Maintain a professional and amicable relationship with peers and management/culinary team members. 8) Responsible for the proper reporting of daily food and beverage chits to accounting. Ensure correct member billing by service staff.
9) Maintain daily managers log. Communicate to management/culinary team comments on food, service. Ensure management is aware of any issues.
10) Ability to "swing" to assist in other areas as needed (ie: private/club events, snack bar, halfway house) to ensure member satisfaction.
11) On a rotational schedule, open and close the Clubhouse.
12) Creativity with team in regard to service, specialty drinks, food, family activities etc.
13) During service have a large presence on the dining floor. "Touch tables", follow up on service and timing, check in gracefully with membership, ensure pace of service is respectable.
14) Assist with payroll of service staff and accounting of time off, proper hours and wages.
Qualifications: JONAS POS knowledge a plus Serve Safe and TIPS training CPR/AED/First Aid Word and Excel Abilty to lift up to 20 lbs
JOB VALUE/COMPENSATION: Compensation: Full time-Year round Salary commensurate with experience Medical/Dental Short Term-Long Term disability 401k Holiday Bonus Vacation Cellphone Clothing Allowance
March 25, 2013
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Robert C.Pescatore, CCM
Print | Email
This job listing notice is courtesy of the New England Club Managers Association Executive Career Services (ECS) Committee.
Questions regarding this job listing may be sent to the NECMA Executive Career Services Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post your club job opening on the NECMA web site, please submit a JOB OPENING POSTING REQUEST FORM.
NECMA Members: For email notices of newly posted job openings, please join the
NECMA ECS Job Openings Notices Opt-in Group. Go to the Member Directory - "My Profile" tab.
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
To comply with CMAA Code of Ethics and the NECMA Job Opening Web Posting Policy, the NECMA Executive Career Services (ECS) Chairperson shall verify that the NECMA Member manager of the club with the opening, if any, has knowledge of the job search before we post a job opening on our web site.
Copyright © 1997-2016 New England Club Managers Association. All rights reserved.