||EXECUTIVE CAREER SERVICES (ECS)
JOB OPENING LISTING
Henry W. Sweren, CCM, ECS Chairman
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS CLUB, Boston, Massachusetts
PRIVATE EVENT DIRECTOR
The University of Massachusetts Club is a private club fostering a culture of academic, business and social exchange characteristic of The University of Massachusetts and its notable history. The University of Massachusetts Club reflects the diversity, professional character and camaraderie among distinguished alumni and their pride and passion for the University. The University of Massachusetts Club rises above all the rest with our full spectrum of benefits that are available to our Members. Upon your first visit to the Club, you will be captivated by the panoramic view of Boston Harbor and downtown. But it is the personalized service, delectable food and engaging events that exceed all expectations.
This department head position is responsible for the selling, planning and coordinating of all aspects of private event and meeting functions held within the club to achieve the annual private event sales plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Development of a sufficient prospect inventory and maintain a tracking system, to insure on-going contact with existing client base and development of new clients. .
• Responsible for meeting with the clients to determine needs.
• Utilize independent judgment and appropriate discretion in day-to-day interaction with "A" or "hot" prospects to "close the sale"
• Networking inside and outside the Club to obtain "leads" and build relationships with new and existing clients
• Work with Executive Chef and General Manager to establish profitable and competitive private event menus that meet the client's needs.
• Provided accurate forecasting of private event sales.
• Obtain feedback from Member/host to insure satisfaction.
• Adhere to all of the various written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures.
• Attendance at all required Food and Beverage Meetings, Employee Partner Meetings and Department Head Meetings.
• Professional, impeccable appearance maintained by self and all private event personnel.
• Further training and development of personnel exhibiting qualifications to become a future Private Event Director.
• Work closely with the Membership Department in obtaining information on new Members and their needs through New Member telephone calls.
• Work closely with University Dignitaries and with the University as a whole. (A high level of professionalism is required)
Job Requirements :
Prefer a minimum of two (2) years commissioned sales experience with a proven track record establishing marketing/prospecting programs to drive event revenues while working in a team environment.
Sales experience preferably in catering and private event functions.
Prefer a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
Based on experience
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Print | Email
This job listing notice is courtesy of the New England Club Managers Association Executive Career Services (ECS) Committee.
Questions regarding this job listing may be sent to the NECMA Executive Career Services Chairperson at email@example.com.
To post your club job opening on the NECMA web site, please submit a JOB OPENING POSTING REQUEST FORM.
NECMA Members: For email notices of newly posted job openings, please join the
NECMA ECS Job Openings Notices Opt-in Group. Go to the Member Directory - "My Profile" tab.
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
To comply with CMAA Code of Ethics and the NECMA Job Opening Web Posting Policy, the NECMA Executive Career Services (ECS) Chairperson shall verify that the NECMA Member manager of the club with the opening, if any, has knowledge of the job search before we post a job opening on our web site.
Copyright © 1997-2013 New England Club Managers Association. All rights reserved.