||EXECUTIVE CAREER SERVICES (ECS) |
JOB OPENING LISTING
Boyd Holk, CCM, ECS Chairman
tel (617) 266-5600 fax (617) 266-5554
NANTUCKET YACHT CLUB, Nantucket, Massachusetts
Nantucket Yacht Club is one the premier Yacht Clubs along the east coast formally incorporated over one hundred years ago and occupies a large section of land located on Historic Nantucket. The Main Clubhouse includes two full kitchens, three restaurants and two function room facilities. The Club is open to members from mid June through mid October
Nantucket Yacht Club is looking for a highly motivated individual who is able to provide support and direction to all department heads and staff in accounting and financial controls in addition to being a viable member of a team providing outstanding member relations and services.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage day to day operations for accounting department.
- Oversight of all accounting operations including, payroll, A/P, A/R, Fixed assets, Billings and Inventory.
- Maintain all accounting records, responsible for development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information.
- Monthly analysis of General Ledger.
- Oversee tax and regulatory compliance, accounting of Pension Plan.
- Prepare, review and approve monthly trial balance and resulting comprehensive financial statements including Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash.
- Prepare variance analyses and other analytical tools.
- Safeguards all funds in bank accounts, assures that revenues are properly and correctly deposited and supervises the drawing of all checks and electronic payments.
A qualified candidate should have a Bachelors degree in accounting with 5-10 years experience. In addition, work experience within a private club or hospitality environment is very beneficial. Knowledge of current methods and practices of accounting, auditing, budget preparation and program analysis needed. Familiarity with accounting technology, accounting software and procedures. Ability to analyze and communicate financial information in clear, concise terms.
Competitive Salary, 100% Health & Dental BC/BS PPO, 10% of Salary Pension Plan, 10 -15% Annual Bonus, Education and Professional Dues Allowances.
DEADLINE: February 10, 2008
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Nantucket Yacht Club
P.O. Box 667
Nantucket, MA 02554
Attn: Peter McEachern
Or Email: Peter@nantucketyachtclub.org
Or Fax: 508-228-1256
Print this page
Email this page
This job listing notice is courtesy of the New England Club Managers Association Executive Career Services (ECS) Committee.
Questions regarding this job listing may be sent to the NECMA Executive Career Services Chairperson at email@example.com.
To post your club job opening here on our site, please submit a JOB OPENING POSTING REQUEST FORM.
NECMA Members: For email notices of newly posted job openings, please join the
NECMA ECS Job Openings Notices Opt-in Group. Go to the Member Directory - "My Profile" tab.
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
To comply with CMAA Code of Ethics and the NECMA Job Opening Web Posting Policy, the NECMA Executive Career Services (ECS) Chairperson shall verify that the NECMA Member manager of the club with the opening, if any, has knowledge of the job search before we post a job opening on our web site.
Copyright © 1997-2013 New England Club Managers Association. All rights reserved.