||EXECUTIVE CAREER SERVICES (ECS) |
JOB OPENING LISTING
Boyd Holk, CCM, ECS Chairman
tel (617) 266-5600 fax (617) 266-5554
BALD PEAK COLONY CLUB, Melvin Village, New Hampshire,
Private Seasonal Club (established 1921) on 870 acres in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. Donald Ross designed 18 hole Golf Course, 5 Har-Tru tennis courts, beach facility, fitness room, clubhouse with 30 guest rooms, formal dining room, informal grill room, outside terrace, function and meeting space. Dining operation focuses on breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days per week as well as extensive private catering, weddings and off-premise catering.
It is the mission of Bald Peak Colony Club to provide the highest quality goods, services and facilities for the enjoyment of all members and guests. Bald Peak Colony Club’s highest mission is the genuine care and comfort of our members and guests. Our staff is committed to providing the finest services and facilities for anyone who enters its gates. In addition, we will dedicate ourselves to continually fulfilling the unexpressed wishes and needs of our membership.
Highly Respected Professional: • Affiliation with American Culinary Federation.
• Comprehensive track of continuing education. • College degree in Culinary Arts or Business Administration.
• Tenure and development at an Executive Chef level or minimum 5 years experience as an Executive Sous Chef at a quality private golf/country club, restaurant, hotel or resort.
Demonstrated Skill Base
• Staff recruitment and training and internship program. • Expertise in teaching and developing internships.
• Creativity in membership culinary programs and member communications • Team oriented with all departments.
• Flexible, adaptable, approachable and creative. • Strong background in catering and banquet management.
• Operational Budget. • Knowledge and understanding of food cost and gross profit. • Knowledge of inventory controls and purchasing methods. • Ability to utilize spec sheets for all products and yields.
• Knowledge of sanitation codes, certified in “Serve Safe” or like programs and manage proper sanitation conduct for all food operation. • Organization of culinary department and ability to maintain strict guidelines for servicing and maintaining equipment. • Effective leader that will develop and maintain a professional team aspiring in the culinary field.
Reports to the General Manager on a daily basis and will work closely with the Assistant Manager/Food and Beverage Manager.
• Consults with General Manager and Assistant Manager on menu selection, events and product specifications.
• Cooperates and communicates with management team in regard to daily operations for food service.
• Administers all club rules and polices that are communicated in the employee handbook.
• Responsible for the creation of and adherence to all operating budgets which include sales, food, labor and overhead costs.
• In charge of hiring, training and any other personnel related issues of all culinary staff needed to execute the operation on a seasonal basis.
• All food operations are to be executed with the highest quality products and unprecedented standards in sanitation.
• Daily follow up of all culinary staff and operations to ensure the highest quality.
• Create all ala Carte menus and formulate appropriate cost, portion sheets, station worksheets, purchasing specs and par levels. • Create a set of base function menus to include a hor d’ oeuvres list. • Create Club event menus (as needed).
• Create take out and catering menus (as needed). • Create employee meal menus. • Direct Pastry Chef – Coordinate dessert menus. • Responsible for daily coverage in the kitchen throughout the season.
• Hiring, Termination, job training, sanitation training of all culinary staff. • Forecast seasonal staff needs and implement staffing plan. Plan recruiting trips. • Initiate and maintain a teaching/learning atmosphere at Bald Peak Colony Club.
• Create/Monitor/Revise schedules of culinary personnel. • Evaluate culinary staff via regularly scheduled monetary and non-monetary semi annual reviews. Seasonal staff should be reviewed regularly throughout the season.
Business and Financial
• Establish annual operating/capital budgets and monitor controls of these budgets. • Maintain costs of ala Carte items.
• Coordinate and follow through with accounting office of monthly food inventory to include price changes inventory counts and food transfers. • Record and submit weekly payroll.
• Participate in wedding and special dinner and event bookings.
• Constant food product research and development. Attend food shows and conferences. Seek out and utilize local farms and supplies.
• Continue education in the areas of food products, cooking trends, and food safety.
• Establish and maintain kitchen maintenance program.
• Analyze preliminary monthly financials with feed back to controller. Prepare a monthly variance explanation.
• Conduct/Supervise purchasing.
• Supervise daily production for food quality, appearance and safety in all food service areas.
• Attend weekly Food and Beverage meetings to review upcoming week.
• Attend weekly Staff meetings.
• Conduct regular mini and full inspections of the food service areas for health code violations and food safety issues.
All kitchen, bakery, stewards and dishwashers.
Full time year round position based on 7 months of operation. Vacations to be scheduled in off-season. Flexibility in off-season for budgets, menu planning and management. Position available after January 1 but not later than April 1 08
Salary, commensurate with candidates qualifications . Total package - $100,000 + • Full time year round 7-month position. Pay spread over 12-month period. • Employee of Bald Peak Colony Club. • Seasonal Performance Bonus • Medical Insurance 70/30 Split • Dues and Educational expenses for professional associations • Expenses for Chef to attend National Conference • 401K • Life Insurance • Short Term Disability • Vacation • Relocation Expenses
Resumes along with cover letter and salary history can be emailed, faxed or mailed to the attention of
Christian W. Coulter, CCM
Bald Peak Colony Club
P.O. Box 201
Melvin Village, NH 03850
This job listing notice is courtesy of the New England Club Managers Association Executive Career Services (ECS) Committee.
Questions regarding this job listing? Please email NECMA Executive Career Services Chairperson at email@example.com .
To post your club job opening here on our site, please submit a JOB OPENING POSTING REQUEST FORM
NECMA Members: For email notices of newly posted job openings, please join the
NECMA ECS Job Openings Notices Opt-in Group. Go to the Member Directory - "My Profile" tab.
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
To comply with CMAA Code of Ethics and the NECMA Job Opening Web Posting Policy, the NECMA Executive Career Services (ECS) Chairperson will need to verify that the NECMA Member manager of the club with the opening, if any, has knowledge of the job search before we post a job opening on our web site.
Copyright © 1997-2013 New England Club Managers Association. All rights reserved.